Wednesday 1 January 2014

Mango Buttermilk Shake

January first. Majorly hungover. Drinking always seems like such a good idea at the time, doesn't it ;)?

Anyway. I was craving something small but delicious for breakfast to get me going after a night of NYE celebration. And I had just the thing: A Mango Buttermilk Shake. Before I start though, let me explain something about my diet:


I usually try to balance my meals out. Since I'm open to everything and willing to try a lot to see if it helps my body I tried completely skipping certain kinds of foods, like fats or sugars/carbs. But it just never felt natural. I feel that proteins, carbs/sugars and fat are all part of what your body needs. It's all just about balance.

Ok, as for the shake:

Not only is the sour buttermilk so refreshing but it's also full of vitamins and minerals! Raw sesame, like other seeds, is a nice source of natural fat and the mango provides you with vitamins and the sugars/carbs that fuel your inner engine.


For two glasses of Mango Buttermilk Shake you'll need:
  • 500 ml buttermilk (1% fat)
  • 2 tsp. of sesame
  • 1 mango (Mine was a bit too hard though it felt soft on the outside, oh well)
  • vanilla (optional)

 


You can easily cut the meat of the mango out by cutting it in half along the seed. Slice the pod into dice and turn the mango-half inside out. This makes it easier to get all the goodness out. I added some drops of vanilla, sesame and buttermilk and used my mixing-wand to turn everything into a delicious shake.
Viola. It's that simple.

If you're using Weight Watchers: One 250ml glass of this shake has 3 ProPoints.

Should the shake not be sweet enough for your liking try using honey or mix in a dried date instead of adding refined sugar. It'll taste amazing!



Hope you enjoyed it! Until next time.

Enjoy and be sexy,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment