Sunday 1 June 2014

Sunday Breakfast - Protein Pancakes

What better way to start a Sunday than having some lovely, decadent pancakes? Yes you heard me. Pancakes. But "healthyfied". No added sugar and no flour.


For three pancakes you will need:
  • 2 Eggs
  • Protein Powder (I used about 40g)
  • Milk
  • Coconut Oil
  • Vanilla (Optional)



 Since this recipe works JUST like a normal pancake I guess you need to think about what kind of pancake you wanna end up with before you start.

I realize that Americans use to think of their pancakes as rather small but very thick and light. Germans usually have a thinner batter and use the entire with of their pan for their pancakes, but deferentially thicker than the french Crêpe. Depending on the kind of pancake you want you need to add more milk or some backing powder.

That said, I'm obviously going with the "normal" German Version I grew up with :) So add the Milk, the Protein Powder and the Eggs into a bowl. I got the Protein Powder from a friend. It's egg-white based as far as I know but Whey Protein should work just as well. Also, since the Protein Powder is Vanilla flavored I added some dried Vanilla from my little grinder.


Mix everything up. With his kind of Protein Powder you will notice the batter getting somewhat of a pudding-like consistency, not what you know from a flour batter.






Heat up a little bit of coconut oil in the pan.





Pour in the batter and do just what you would do with a usual pancake.


Flip ...





And Ta-Da! There you have it, Protein Pancakes. I got three huge ones out of that batter and topped them off with some low fat plain Yoghurt and a spoon of my Mom's self made raspberry Jam - but my camera ran out of power right at that moment :P



If you're using Weight Watchers this rather indulgent recipe has around 9 to 10 ProPoints.

Enjoy and be sexy,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment